I’ve Been In A Car Accident- Do I Have Enough Insurance?

December 15, 2014 No Comments by johnmixon

Most people are only concerned with paying as little as possible for enough car insurance to meet the legal standards.  In our home State of Georgia as well as neighboring South Carolina the legal minimum is as 25/50/25 policy.  This means $25,000 for any one person injured in one accident, $50,000 for all people involved in one accident, and $25,000 for property damage in any one accident.  So what are additional coverages that a person could have?

1. Med-Pay-  This is money that will go directly towards your medical bills.  Most people who have health insurance with their employer will have a $2,500 co-pay deductable.  If you carry $5,000 in Med-Pay then your deductable will be met with no money out of your own pocket.

2. Rental Coverage-  Most rental coverages do not cover the daily insurance and are capped at a set number of days.  You are only entitled to a rental car if you or the at-fault party carries this insurance.

3. UM(Georgia) UM/UIM(South Carolina)- In Georgia this covers accidents in which the at-fault party has no insurance or not enough to cover your medical bills.  In South Carolina you must carry both because uninsured and underinsured are counted seperately.  Also, in Georgia make sure that you do not carry REDUCED UM!  Make sure you have ADD-ON UM.

Accidents can be life altering, frustrating, and expensive.  Be sure that you are making the most of all your avaliable insurance coverages.  If you have been the victim of a car wreck, motorcycle accident, or 18-wheeler wreck don’t try to handle it without someone in your corner that understands the insurance companies tricks.  Let John Mixon and Associates be your auto accident attorneys today.  Call us right now at 706-724-9999 or toll free at 1-800-727-1234.  Let our knowledge go to work for you today!

No comments